Reports to: VP of Strategic Alliances
Hours: Salaried position, hours vary
Preferably located in the Midwest Region
Since 1969, the PEER Chain family has been a strong and reliable source of industrial chain. We are a family business connected by links forged over years of excellent service, quality and expertise. Our family is passionately committed to providing product genius and over-the-top service designed to keep our customers’ businesses running. We pledge to provide unsurpassed support while delivering high quality chain.
PEER Chain considers all employees, representatives and customers part of the family. We take pride in a family-centric atmosphere. We maintain a professional, yet fun work environment by having an open-door policy, allowing visits from both human and canine friends, and by encouraging associates to take time outs during the day for things like foosball, Ping-Pong, pool or walks around the property
Responsible for identifying, soliciting, negotiating, monitoring and growing large national accounts within a defined sales territory, renewing and negotiating contracts and targeting new accounts to ensure that PEER Chain strategic goals are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies opportunities and potential of current and new national accounts within PEER Chain marketing strategy
- Develops strategies, campaigns and conducts high level sales presentations and sales calls
- Ability to establish a working and personal relationship with key decision makers
- Reviews all contracts and negotiates contracts to maximize margin prices and terms on all accounts
- Manages a defined sales territory and works with National Accounts department to implement cases effectively and efficiently
- Targets national accounts for sales opportunities within integrated supply programs
- Updates programs and presentations for soliciting national accounts, keeping PEER Chain in the forefront of providing solutions for customer needs
- Makes recommendations to management for new sales initiatives
- Responsible for national account growth
- Gathers and analyzes data and compares and analyzes price levels to be proposed
- Provides a high level of service to all internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed
- Project Management
- Microsoft Power Point and Excel
- Key Account Management
- New Business Development and Networking
- Strategic Planning
- Social Networking & Digital Media
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, APTITUDE
- The ability to prospect mid-market and large OEM customers in the industrial and distribution markets. Possess a confident comfort level with strategic type contracts.
- Must be able to interact with Presidents, owners, Purchasing Managers, Head Engineers, Product Managers or Material Managers. Distributor Program contacts may be owners, Corporate Representatives, Regional Vice Presidents, or Branch Managers
- Must have at least a five (5) year history of successful selling and growing sales through new customers.
- Experience selling custom solutions and value-added services.
- Power Transmission product knowledge is a plus.
- OEM-prototyping and application engineering experience preferred.
- Possess public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and the ability to problem solve.
- This position requires a true hunter.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Computer and related databases including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Will be trained on PEER’s operating system.
- Will interact with President, National Sales Manager, Purchasing, Engineering, Customer Service, and Salespeople
- Will interact will all levels of personnel within a customer’s company.
- Bachelor’s or Mechanical Engineering degree highly preferred
- Five years history of successful selling, preferably in the Power Transmission Industry. (Chain experience highly preferred)
- Proven track record of growing sales through new business.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
- A strong desire (over and above simple willingness) to travel 50-60% of the time.
- Must sign a non-compete agreement.
Critical features of this job are described but may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.