Reports to: National Sales Manager or VP of Sales
Hours: Salaried positions hours vary (8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT PEER (WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR)
Besides a paycheck, what are you looking for in a job? Are you looking to roll up your sleeves and be a part of a team of likeminded, hard-working individuals? Are you looking for a place you can call home? Where you can stay a while and make a real impact? Do you approach your work passionately, looking for creative ways to solve problems? Then PEER may be the place for you?
You see; we’re looking for a unique individual. We’re looking for someone who – sure – gets sales and is driven to excel. But just as important, we’re looking for that special person who craves authenticity. We’re looking for someone who, more than just making quotas wants to build lasting relationships. Because that’s what we believe is at the heart of good business.
Since 1969, the PEER Chain family has been a reliable source of the industrial chains. We are a family business that strives for peerless service, quality, and expertise. We are connected both internally and externally by relationships forged over years, driven to deliver a chain that keeps our customers running.
We consider all employees, field attachés, and customers part of the family. We take pride in a family-centric atmosphere. We maintain a professional, yet lively work environment by having an open-door policy, allowing visits from both human and canine friends.
If this sounds like the place you’ve been looking for, we want to hear from you.
A Regional Sales and Relationship Manager is responsible for the sale of a business' products or services in a specified region or geographical area. A regional sales manager ensures profitable growth in sales, revenue through planning, execution and management of a supportive team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all accounts in a geographically defined sales territory, and managing all accounts and prospects in that territory apart from those assigned to a Strategic Account Executive.
- Sell PEER products and grow sales in the territory as well as ensure profit contribution for the territory.
- Generate sales by building ongoing relationships with companies, positioning PEER as a quality provider, servicing the existing customer base, and prospecting new clients in the medium ($10,000+/yr) to very large ($500,000+/yr) sales range in the industrial distribution and OEM markets.
- Develop long-term distributor relationships, monitor branch activity and achieve pre-arranged goals, ultimately leading to acquiring a signed stocking order.
- Selling products direct to OEM’s on a long-term, repeat basis
- Work with engineers to conceive product features that will enhance sales.
- Build relationships with companies through key individuals.
- Servicing the existing base of customers while building a new base of customers.
- Establishing new clients through the prospecting process, which includes cold calling, market research, etc.
- Entering notes into the CRM system is a requirement, no exceptions
- Generate sales by building ongoing relationships with companies, positioning PEER as a quality provider, servicing the existing customer base and prospecting new clients in the medium ($10,000+/year) to very large ($200,000+/year) sales range in the industrial distribution and OEM markets.
- Able to relate to all types of companies and all sales levels form a small manufacturing shop to a Fortune 500 company.
- Comfortable interacting with anyone from a CEO to a Material Manager.
- Ability and proven track record in very competitive situations. Chain is viewed as a commodity and as such requires a sales person with a very driven, competitive personality.
- Two-year history of successful selling and growing sales through new customers is preferred.
- Experience selling products on the merit of the company and any value added service as opposed to selling exclusively on price.
- Chain and Sprocket knowledge/experience is optimal. Minimum of three years required.
- OEM-prototyping and application engineering experience is also helpful.
- Distributor Programs-ability/history on making MRO calls with Distributors.
- Ability to speak comfortably to large groups of people, and communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Must be able to put metrics in place for tracking success.
- A strong desire (over and above simple willingness) to travel 50-60% of the time.
- Sign a non-compete agreement.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Computer and related databases including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Will be trained on ROI system, and Clientele database.
- May occasionally use a company car.
- The requirements mentioned above are strongly preferred.
Critical features of this job may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.