Reports to: National Sales Manager
Hours: Salaried positions hours vary (8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT PEER (WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR)
Besides a paycheck, what are you looking for in a job? Are you looking to roll up your sleeves and be a part of a team of likeminded, hard-working individuals? Are you looking for a place you can call home? Where you can stay a while and make a real impact? Do you approach your work passionately, looking for creative ways to solve problems? Then PEER may be the place for you?
You see; we’re looking for a unique individual. We’re looking for someone who – sure – gets sales and is driven to excel. But just as important, we’re looking for that special person who craves authenticity. We’re looking for someone who, more than just making quotas wants to build lasting relationships. Because that’s what we believe is at the heart of good business.
Since 1969, the PEER Chain family has been a reliable source of industrial chain and related products including sprockets. We are a family business that strives for peerless service, quality and expertise. We are connected both internally and externally by relationships forged over years, driven to deliver chain that keeps our customers running.
We consider all employees, field attachés and customers part of the family. We take pride in a family-centric atmosphere. We maintain a professional, yet lively work environment by having an open-door policy, allowing visits from both human and canine friends, and by encouraging associates to take time outs during the day for things like foosball, Ping-Pong, pool or walks around the property.
If this sounds like the place you’ve been looking for, we want to hear from you.
The Distributor Relations Specialist must be extremely well informed about the market in which he/she works, and therefore able to accurately forecast sales and shifts in the marketplace, both on a national scale and also for the individual regions.
This position demands well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others at all levels.
It is also crucial for the Distributor Relations Specialist to maintain close, trusting relationships with all team members and facilitate open communication between all employees and his direct supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call upon principles and upper level management at the power transmission distributors using industrial chain
- Develop and present PEER Chain distributor programs to the power transmission distributors of chain throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Conduct joint calls with Distributors at their OEM and MRO accounts
- Organize and lead lunch & learn sessions with key PEER Chain distributors
- Identify industries and targets with distributors for PEER Chain to jointly pursue
- Develop strategic plan with management to profitably grow distributor sales
- Pipeline management (Identify, develop, and penetrate accounts)
- Five year proven track record of success working with Distributors in the Power Transmission Industry
- Ability to successfully call upon all levels and titles in a company
- Sell value, not price!
- Communicate clearly in both a written and verbal format
- Ability to listen, take detailed notes, and type them into PEER Chain’s CRM system
- Able to teach, train, improve, and motivate employees
- OEM-prototyping and application engineering experience is preferred
- 50% travel may be necessary to accomplish company objectives
- When not traveling will be required to work in the Waukegan office therefore must live within an acceptable radius
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Computer and related databases including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Cell phone
- Will be trained on PEER’s operating systems.
- May occasionally use a company car.
Critical features of this job may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons