Reports to: National Sales Manager or Customer Success ManagerHours: Salaried positions hours vary (8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT PEER (WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR):
Besides a paycheck, what are you looking for in a job? Are you looking to roll up your sleeves and be a part of a team of likeminded, hard-working individuals? Are you looking for a place you can call home? Where you can stay a while and make a real impact? Do you approach your work passionately, looking for creative ways to solve problems? Then PEER may be the place for you?
You see; we’re looking for a unique individual. We’re looking for someone who – sure – gets sales and is driven to excel. But just as important, we’re looking for that special person who craves authenticity. We’re looking for someone who, more than just making quotas wants to build lasting relationships. Because that’s what we believe is at the heart of good business.
Since 1969, the PEER Chain family has been a reliable source of industrial chain. We are a family business that strives for peerless service, quality and expertise. We are connected both internally and externally by relationships forged over years, driven to deliver chain that keeps our customers running.
We consider all employees, field attachés and customers part of the family. We take pride in a family-centric atmosphere. We maintain a professional, yet lively work environment by having an open-door policy, allowing visits from both human and canine friends, and by encouraging associates to take time outs during the day for things like foosball, Ping-Pong, pool or walks around the property.
If this sounds like the place you’ve been looking for, we want to hear from you.
You will focus on building long-term relationships with customers rather than hitting on-off targets. You will work closely with Customer Success, Sales and Product Management to develop well-rounded customer service and sales skills. The program is to spend 8-12 months mastering our product as a Customer Success Ambassador and moving on into Inside Sales. After succeeding in these roles, the goal is to become a District Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (While being trained in Customer Success)
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Providing customers with quotes
- Follow up on quotes and “ask for the order!”
- Respond to all inquiries from customers (internal and external) in a timely manner
- Effectively make cold calls to prospective OEM’s and Distributors
- Process orders
- Analyze open order and usage report
- Enter notes from key conversations into our CRM system
- Generate written correspondence to customers and co-workers as needed
- Act as the liaison between the customer and all departments within the company
- Able to relate to all types of companies and all sales levels form a small manufacturing shop to a Fortune 500 company.
- Comfortable interacting with anyone from a CEO to a Maintenance Technician
- Enjoys the challenge (and experience) breaking new accounts
- Thrives selling on value, not price
- Knowledge of chain and/or Power Transmission industry is optimal
- Comfortable making presentations to prospective customers and clients in a group setting
- Ability to write e-mails and letter in a clear and concise manner
- If required, travel approximately 2 weeks per month to visit accounts
- Sign a non-compete agreement
- Will be located in the home office in Waukegan, IL
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Computer and related databases including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Will be trained on ROI system, and Clientele database.
- May occasionally use a company car.
The requirements mentioned above are preferred however PEER is willing to train the right candidate.
Critical features of this job may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.